Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #7

I enjoyed exploring all the Google tools. I used Google Earth to see if I could see some specific tourist sites I visited a couple of years ago. The photos were amazing. I can see where students would enjoy viewing their hometowns, or places they would like to visit. I set up my iGoogle homepage with all the options I would like to have there. The one that surprised me the most was Google Docs. I had tried it previously for sharing a document and had problems with it, but I was impressed by the forms. I set up a sample form and sent it to my mother, kids and friends just to see how it works. I could see this as an option for students completing assignments or responding about an assignment. It could also serve for students who are out sick for a while if they have a computer at home.

I also really enjoyed finding the Google Scholar search. There have been several times when I wanted some research on a particular topic but couldn't find anything. I already found and read an article on my subject that was quite interesting. This could make keeping current in the research on your subject area much faster and simpler than subscribing to multiple journals and hoping for topics that interest you.

On to thing #8...

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at all of the Google applications that are available to organize our use of the web. I like to use Google Earth to organize family trips, too. And Google docs has really made our work easier by providing safe easy storage and transfer.

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl