Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 12

This "thing" took me quite a while to complete. I've been sitting on the sofa with my laptop for two days sorting through mountains of websites and blogs I found that interest me for one reason or another. The good news is that since I already had the reader set up, I was able to subscribe to a number of them...and to think I had trouble finding things I wanted to subscribe to back in Thing 9. I am feeling a little bit of overload. Now that I know where and how to find a lot of these sites, I could use another summer vacation just to explore and create lessons using some of the things I found. I agree that commenting makes more sense than just lurking out in cyberspace and evesdropping on others' conversations, but I still find myself hesitant to comment thinking I'm not enough of an expert to add much to the conversation. I left comments on a blog from an Australian teacher who is working on a project similar to one I will be trying this year. I also left a comment on a site called Information Overloaded. Wendy is a Canadian teacher who is also trying to sort her way through all the information out there to help teachers. I found two sites in my searches that are worth sharing, iLearnTechnology, a site that lists tons of technology tools and links, and TheWeekinRap, a weekly rap covering the week's national and international news.

I also found the assignment to comment on other Library2Play blogs interesting. I discovered several others who had similar comments to mine and others who gave me some wonderful ideas for using some of these ideas in my classroom. Special thanks to Watt's Up, Things That Make You Go hmmmmm, and Queen of All Things Everywhere for their posts that encouraged me or gave me ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have built a wonderful little community and the ideas and information will flow!

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl