Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thing 23

Finished!? Maybe I'm just beginning. I began this journey thinking I was pretty technology savvy and am ending this journey like I ended college, realizing that there is so much more out there I still need to learn!

To answer the specific questions asked in the final section:
My favorite discoveries included all the fun things I can use with my students such as the sign generator, the poster generator, Flickr, and how to create and use a Wiki.
I think I have been assisted in my quest to use technology effectively in my classroom so that students have meaningful opportunities to develop technical skills while still learning the material they need to know.
Some of the take-a-ways would include the social bookmarking sites and understanding tagging. I have no idea when or if I would have found those without using this program.
The program itself is the most enjoyable staff development time I have spent in quite a while. My only suggestion now that our district is focusing it more for classroom teachers would be to lessen the library emphasis a bit and maybe alter a few of the tasks to be more grade/age specific with classroom implications.
I would certainly like to continue in the Library2Play2.
The 23 Things learning experience allows educators an opportunity to explore web 2.0 tools available for use in their classrooms at their own pace and allows them the freedom to spend extra time and emphasis on those sections of the most interest to them.

Thank you for the journey. Now on with the bigger journey of actually using all the new fun tools at my disposal!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great set of tools lined up and ready to go for next year. Congratulations on completing your summer learning adventure. Hope you will share further adventures with us thru your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Have a great year using your new Things!!

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl