Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing #10



I love the comic strip maker.http://www.comicstripgenerator.com If you're good at comebacks, you could come up with lots of fun posters to say the things you'd like to say. The Sign Maker is lots of fun too. http://www.customsigngenerator.com/ I think I'll be using our poster printer quite a bit this year.
I also created a mosaic in ImageChef. http://www.imagechef.com/
I had already found Dumpr through an in-service earlier this year. Everyone had fun with the Goo feature. This time I played with the pencil sketch feature and made a pencil sketch of my daughter's dog to send her. I think this feature could be used particularly in Social Studies. Students could take the pencil sketch of some area or person from an area of study and color it in just to reinforce the content. It could also be good for ESL classes looking for particular vocabulary development. I think I will have my Journalism students feature several of these sites in our school newspaper this year so the students can have opportunities to play with them and hopefully give us ideas on how to use them.

2 comments:

  1. It would really be helpful to your readers if the sites you want us to visit are hot linked in your blog posting. Hot links are a valued part of edublogging...you are bringing the info directly to your readers.

    If you go back to the post box, you can highlight the words you want to feature, click on the little chain icon on the post box toolbar, paste the url, and then be sure and publish again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hint. I didn't think about the links not connecting automatically since so many programs do that now.

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl