Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 14

I spent a while exploring more about Technorati. In my opinion there is a lot of useful information there, but it will take some time using it and getting familiar with it for it to be a truly useful tool. The search for School Library Learning 2.0 returned a different number of hits for each search, demonstrating the usefulness of using the tags.

I think it's interesting that the service sorts popular videos, games, books and movies. The video section would be good to keep an eye out on what the current popular videos are.

The value of using tags is increasingly clear. One of the tricks will be to check tags that are currently used and match those if the situation warrants. I may choose to tag a post one way while someone else may select a different word.

I did go ahead and register my blog just to see how the process worked. I will be interested to see if it gets any readers to the blog. If you came through Technorati, please leave a comment to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Great explanation of how Technorati works - thanks! I tend to forget how useful it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Thing 14 and came to you through Technorati: I totally agree! There is so much here that I am wondering how I will find the time to really take it all in! Thanks for your great comments. Good luck to us all as we explore and try to implement. Mrs. McC

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl