Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 13

I enjoyed searching through the various social bookmarking sites. I signed up for del.icio.us and diigo. It will take me quite a while to finish tagging all of my bookmarks, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Magnolia is no longer operating and every time I tried to go to Furl I ended up back at diigo. Even typing in Furl's web address directly still sent me back to diigo. I had also heard of many of the other sites for bookmarking. I will use diigo with students because the educator account will allow me to set up classes and the students will be able to comment on the research of their peers with annotations. I will love being able to see what they are thinking as they sort through research information. The fact that I can keep it private between my students and myself is a distinct advantage and will help avoid any privacy issues.

I will keep my delicious account for my personal bookmarks and use the diigo account for bookmarks and information I want to share with students. Since we will be developing a number of podcasts this year for our technology grant. I think these sites will be very useful. I also like the fact that searching these sites gives you more information and less advertisements than a standard Google search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl