Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing #9

I was not particularly impressed with the search tools for blogs. I liked Technorati and Bloglines the best and found them the easiest to use, but there seem to be a lot of steps involved in looking for a blog or newsfeed on a certain topic. I did not like Topix.net at all. I found it too cumbersome to deal with. I did come across one or two feeds to subscribe to and have some ideas of others I'd like to look for and add to my list, but it seems like it will be easier to go to the sites I'm interested in directly and sign up from there. I found education feeds, feeds from other countries, and financial feeds. There are so many available it would take a lifetime to go through all of them to find the ones that are the best "fit."

1 comment:

  1. I agree...it can take a lot of time to set up all these applications! The benefit is that once it's done it does save time in searching for only the material you want.

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl