Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing 17

I can certainly see uses for Rollyo. Being able to create searches, especially for middle school students who think the world lives and dies by whatever they find on Google seems like a great idea. In teaching summer school this summer my class project was to find information proving or disproving the idea of global warming. The students had a difficult time sorting through all the results they obtained with Google. Because I am working through the 23 things, I was able to steer them to Delicious, Digg, and Diigo to narrow their search. I created a Rollyo search of those sites for Evidence Against Global Warming because that was the most difficult information for the students to find. This would have made their lives much easier.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Using a rollyo with your students that way is a great example of guided research. Middle school kids definitely need that to be successful.

    ReplyDelete

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl