Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing 9

I think Slideshare and the other sites listed for sharing PowerPoint presentations are excellent for students (as well as teachers.) I had stumbled onto Slideshare a couple of months ago when I desperately needed to post a PowerPoint slide show to my blog for a class I was taking. After repeated failures, I discovered Slideshare, uploaded my presentation and was ready to share within minutes. I think this is a valuable tool for students. As time is more and more occupied with responsibilities and activities, there is little time to sit at a computer and create a slide show and then plan to share it with a class. This technology allows us the freedom to work on a presentation/project when and where it is convenient and then upload it for sharing, whether that be for a grade if a student, for explanation and coaching by a teacher, or just for easy access if making a presentation. Not only would the creator get practice using newer generation computing without having to store everything on their personal computer or flash drive, they would also have the advantage of needing only an Internet connection to retrieve their information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl