Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thing 7

I was glad to find so many sources for educational video clips listed as this is one of the projects I have set for myself this year, to identify good clips that relate directly to the curriculum. One of the clips I thought would particularly interest students was from PBS, Moment of Impact: Jungle. This would be a great introduction to ecosystems in the rain forest and the spectacular photography would keep students fascinated. I also liked Blinkx. The tags used on their videos made it fairly simple to locate different clips. I watched one I might use for my ESL students about Jamestown. It gives a simple explanation of the founding of the colony and also gives related clips such as Queen Elizabeth's visit to Jamestown on the 400th anniversary. I think these clips and others like them will be very useful for my ESL students who need some extra support to grasp the concepts and vocabulary as they attempt to learn content in a language they are not completely comfortable using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl