Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thing 4

You Tube and Teacher Tube are both sites I was familiar with. I frequently use You Tube or Teacher Tube video clips to introduce a subject to my classes. They prefer watching the videos to hearing me talk and I do not need to reinvent the wheel to get some basic concepts across to them. I created a short video on how to use the Flip Video camera for a professional development course I was creating online. I posted it on Teacher Tube.

I would love to be uploading student videos and intend to do that this year. I have been cautious because of the privacy issues and parental permissions needed. I expect to see my Journalism students using video as a regular part of their class this year.
The part of this "Thing" I was most excited about was finding Zamzar. I frequently need to convert various file types and this service looks like it will make my life much simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl