Saturday, January 5, 2013

Catching Up

I have discovered that I have too many blogs. Courtesy of some required courses and graduate work, I have ended up with a couple wikis and a couple of blogs. I am going to be consolidating here and will be posting links to the other sites for anyone interested.

In February I will be presenting at Texas Computer Educator's Association in Austin. My presentation will be about using technology with ESL students. In preparing for that presentation, I am discovering several tools that I feel could be useful to other teachers that I will also be sharing here.

One of the new tools that I have just discovered thanks to Richard Byrne and his Free Technology for Teachers site is Blubbr. This tool allows you to take 20 second clips from YouTube videos and compile them in a quiz. Simply select the segments that explain your topic, write the questions and post your quiz. I will be teaching beginning web students in the next semester, so I tried it out by making a short video/quiz on html tags. Check it out.


Or you can simply put a direct link to the quiz you create. It would take a little time to accumulate a variety of quizzes on various topics, but this could be quite useful for sharing information and getting immediate feedback for students.

As I get my presentation completed, I will likely be adding more resources. In the meantime, as promised, these are the links to my graduate school wiki that contains a variety of tools and resources explored including a link back to this site used in some of the assignments, and a link to a blog used for required professional development used in my district over the summer that includes a variety of useful tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl