Monday, January 25, 2010

Video Conference

Last night I was able to attempt my first video conference with members of my graduate class. It was an interesting experience even though we were plagued with a number of technical issues. I was able to log on and gain access to the web site easily, and my microphone seemed to be working fine, but I was unable to get my video camera broadcasting correctly. I know it was working because I was able to get into iPhoto and see myself. Each time I clicked on the broadcast button however, it did not make it through to the others. Each of us had some technical glitches it seemed, but we were able to talk about our assignments with the professor and most of those who attended the session were able to ask questions about pending assignments. Other than the video issues experienced by three of us, there were also some audio issues. The audio dropped out several times and there were a few instances of severe feedback. That could possibly have been caused by people using the microphone on their computer without earphones to prevent the feedback. It will be interesting to try to attend the next session and see if we can work out the technical glitches. It was good to get to try a video conference for the first time in a no pressure session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginger Girl

Ginger Girl